My blog will consist of three types of posts:
1) Posts about my current and future releases.
2) Most Fridays my blog will feature a series of posts entitled "For Writers".
3) My blog is open to authors, bloggers and publishing professionals as a stop on blog tours. I am open to doing book blasts, book reviews, character interviews, guest posts, interviews, promotions, etc.
The nature of my "For Writers" posts are to share everything that I have learned about writing and publishing so that you too can pursue your dreams by publishing your stories. If you're a writer and you're reading my blog, you're embarking on the journey of writing and publishing. Congratulations, a positive experience awaits you! There is nothing more rewarding than publishing your stories. You will find that publishing opens you up to a wide variety of opportunities. My posts will introduce you to and educated you about the wide world of publishing. I will take you through the whole entire process from creating content, to publishing and promoting your stories. I also aim to teach you about the various opportunities that you can pursue after publishing. I will also be reviewing blogs, books, products, services, software and websites that may be helpful to you throughout this journey.
Here is a rundown of the areas of writing and publishing that my "For Writers" posts will feature:
1. Inspiration - These posts will help you discover what makes you tick and how/where to find your creative muse.
2. Creating Content - These posts will take you through the Brainstorming, Character Development, Plot Development and Outlining phases. These posts will also help you identify in which genre your books will fit.
3. Writing - These posts will take you through the actual writing process, encourage you to keep on writing and help you overcome any obstacles that may arise.
4. Critiquing - These posts will show you how to find beta readers, critique partners and writing groups.
5. Editing - These posts will educate you on self-editing and provide many resources, as well as help you find affordable freelance editors.
6. Formatting and Interior Design - These posts will help you design and format your books for publication.
7. Cover Design - These posts will teach you how to design an amazing cover using images that are free for commercial use or find affordable cover designers.
8. Publication - These posts will teach you how to publish your books online; with special attention devoted to Amazon's analytics, logarithms and metrics such as book descriptions, book titles and keywords in order to maximize your rank and sales. I will also teach you the differences between traditional and indie publishing, so that you can make the best decision as to which option is right for you. For those of you wishing to go the traditional route I will write posts about seeking agents as well as writing query letters and synopsis's.
9. Marketing and Promotions - These posts will teach you how to market and promote your work on book related social networking sites such as Goodreads and eBook promo sites such as BookBub.
10. Reviews - These posts will teach you how to get reviews and how to cope with negative ones.
11. Fan Communications - These posts will educate you on the different types of fans communications and how to communicate with fans effectively.
My posts will also feature interviews with successful authors, literary agents and publishers; as well as pioneers of the indie publishing community.
All in all, writing these posts will truly be a rewarding experience not only for you, but also for me. My only wish is to take everything I have learned and pay it forward to you, so that you too can succeed as an author.
Thank you! I hope you all have a smashing day!